Ford

Have Ford questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

Truck wont start, ford f150 XLT, had it in for transmission…

Truck wont start, ford...

Truck wont start, ford f150 XLT, had it in for transmission replacement, worked ok for one day

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the battery, particularly the terminal connections? Are they corroded?

Now when I go to start it, nothing, red light on top of dash is lit

Mechanic's Assistant: What year is your F150?

Battery was replaced in shop 2006 i think its a pats or alarm issue

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your F150 yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes,

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

No tried to disconnect battery for 30 minutes, and nothing tried to lock drivers door with key and wait 15 minutes nothing

turned off ignition 3 times, within 10 seconds, still nothing
Also tried ignition in on position for 15 min
Answered in 1 hour by:
3/10/2018
A. Penland
A. Penland, Ford Senior Master Technician, ASE

Is it a crank over no start or a no crank over?
Is the red theft light flashing rapidly when you try to start it?

No cranking, no clicking red theft light stays on when I try to start it

It stays on solid when you try to start it?

Yup

Is the check engine light coming on when you turn the key to on?

No
Or sorry yes
Power comes on for lights etc
Do you think the two keys I have are not programmed anymore ?
I got the transmission and battery replaced that’s all they did in the shop

The check gauges will show up when the key is turned on because the oil gauge is showing low. That is normal. Since the transmission was worked on, they may have not properly plugged in or adjusted the transmission range sensor properly. How long ago was this repairs done?

Just this last week ...
Picked up the truck made two stops on the way home all ok
Parked it on the street and now not starting
Now the red light flashes when I try to start it
Not solid red anymore when key engaged
Flashes like it normally does when you are out of the vehicle

I'd have them recheck their work. It is too much of a coincidence that this happens shortly after the repair.

Yah I’m thinking that ... but what could have gone wrong ?

Either they left something unplugged, pinched wiring or something is out of adjustment. Without a scan tool/code reader, it is hard to tell.

Ok thank you so much

Your welcome.

A. Penland