Ford

Have Ford questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

A/C unit on 2008 F-150 blows hot. I have the dye into the…

A/C unit on 2008...

A/C unit on 2008 F-150 blows hot. I have blown the dye into the a/c line. No leaks found. The compressor is kicking off and on normally. When I shut the engine off I can hear bleed of towards the front of the truck. Line shows to be fully charged.

Mechanic's Assistant: How old are the hoses? And what driving conditions do you most often encounter?

Original lines from 2008 as far as I know. Normal central Texas driving conditions.

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your F150 yourself? What have you tried so far?

I have uses the coolant with dye in it to detect leaks. I have also fully charged the system.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

No I don't think so.

3/10/2018
David Craig
David Craig, Auto Mechanic

Hi my name is ***** ***** I'll be more than happy to assist you. Please allow me a few minutes to review your information. Thank you

dual zone or single zone climate control?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Single zone

ok, sitting in the vehicle. key on. engine off. operate the temp control from cold to hot then back to cold. tell me if you hear an actuator moving behind the dash

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I do not hear the actuator moving. Should it be obvious
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Could the actuator door be sticking. It stopped cooling after I went from hot to cold.

the temp blend door actuator is either stuck or bad. if you hear nothing then I would venture to say its bad. standby a few please

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
thank U.
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
OK I am actually at discount tire at the moment just trying do some mental trouble shoot. I will try the reset when I get home.

ok

let me know

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Will do thank U David

you are welcome, and please note customer satisfaction is my number one goal and leaving 3 stars or more rating for me will allow us to continue this dialogue until you are completely satisfied.and your vehicle is fixed. you may ask as many questions as you'd like at no extra charges. thank you have a great day

David Craig
David Craig, Auto Mechanic
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I tried the recalibration and it still blows hot. What should my next course of action be? Remove the dash and actuator?

temp blend actuator replacement

ill get you the procedure

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
OK thank U

service manual procedure

acm

hows it going?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I replaced the temp blend actuator and it did fix the problem with the cooling g system. I still hear what sounds like air escaping from the lines for about 20 seconds after the engine is off. Not sure if that is normal?

thats totally normal, the pressure relief

glad to hear its fixed

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
OK that's what I thought. This is the second blend door I've put in this truck. Guess its just not very Hardy. Thanks for all your help.

you're very welcome

David Craig
David Craig
David Craig, Auto Mechanic