Ford

Have Ford questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

1997 Ford tauras 3.0 V6 changed the spark plugs, wires, and…

1997 Ford tauras 3.0...

1997 Ford tauras 3.0 V6 changed the spark plugs, wires, and coil put wires back as they were, car wont start.

Mechanic's Assistant: How many miles are on the car? When did you last change the plugs?

158000, just bought the car don't know last time the plugs were change.

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Taurus yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes changed the wires in deferant positions, but the way the wires were that's the way I put them back.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

I have looked up the fireing order 142536, but which spark plug is # 1 &2&3&4&5&6

Answered in 1 minute by:
3/10/2018
Gunvir Singh

Hello, let me review your request. Please stand by.

Do you have spark present at the plugs when you turn the key to the start position?

did not check

Checking that will be the first step to make sure the if the coil is defective or not connected properly

Gunvir Singh
Phone call session started