Ford

Have Ford questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

I replaced the front main seal, put it back together and now…

Customer Question
I replaced the front...

I replaced the front main seal, put it back together and now it won't start anti-theft light is flashing

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the fuses? Have you tried to reset the computer?

I checked the fuses all seem ok expect the cruise fuse which was bad before the seal jo

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Ford?

2008 F450 6.4L

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your F450 yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes I have checked the fuses, I have attempted a reset sequence. I have diconneted the batteries for about 2 hours not much else other trying to start it about a dozen times always with the same result. anti theft igth flashes, then some info pops up in the IC screen. Oil symbol, trail fault waring etc.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Can't think of anythign

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Ford
3/10/2018
Ford Mechanic: Scott W., Ford Technician replied 6 months ago
Scott W.
Scott W., Ford Technician

Hello my name is ***** ***** you have a scan tool to check for codes? Or do a network test?

I do but it just says “link error”

S​ound like either the instruement cluster is not powering up or the PCM is not powering up. Does the instrument cluster turn on ok and prove out the lights? Does the check engine light come on in the cluster?

No cel.No cluster lights

Did you have the battery cables unhooked, if so check the drivers battery, there should be a wire coming off the positive cable, make sure this is clean and tight.