Ford

Have Ford questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

I am replacing the wiper motor on my 2008 ranger, the wipers…

Customer Question
I am replacing the...

I am replacing the wiper motor on my 2008 ranger, the wipers won't move, references are explaining that the blades need to be in a straight up position. I cannot put the wipers in a straight up position. How do I address this?

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the fuses? Do you know if there is power to the wiper motor?

Yes and yes

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Ranger yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes, I am about to remove the blades.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

I don't think so.

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Ford
3/10/2018
Ford Mechanic: Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager replied 4 months ago
Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager

HI,

Unless the motor has completely seized, you and and another person can manually move the wipers into the straight up position by grasping the wiper arms near the shaft and slowly rotate them to the up position.

You can also remove the access cover at the firewall to reach in and pull the linkage until they are in the up position

If for any reason, you can't rate my answer OKAY, GOOD, or EXCELLENT/3 STARS OR HIGHER today. Please reply and let me know why, so I can help more/better. All follow up responses are FREE, after completing the required rating
Please remember to rate service using the separate rating page. Thank you

I noticed we have not yet resolved your concern you asked about. I would sure appreciate it if you would reply so I can offer my skills and knowledge and repair guide access to help as best I can.

~Do you still need more help?
~Confused by my info request or answer?
~Need more time?
~Confused on how the site works?
~Need more detail or a different explanation?

If the answer is YES to any of these just press reply and lets work on this concern some more.

If you have new questions now or in the future please do not hesitate to ask them. If you would like me to assist you. Just bookmark this page so you can access my profile easy and post a new question from the question box on my profile page.