Ford

Have Ford questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

E150 seems to have lock me out from turn on. I’m not trying…

Hey 2008 e150 seems...

Hey 2008 e150 seems to have lock me out from turn on

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your E150 yourself? What have you tried so far?

I’m not trying to fix anything I left the key in the on position for a bad 10 minutes and came back out and I won’t turn on

Mechanic's Assistant: Can you turn the steering wheel at all? And what about the key? Is it worn or damaged?

Yes the only light is on is the little lock with the auto off to the right

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Just wanna know how to override the lock out

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
The only icon that’s lite up is the auto with the lock symbol and my gauges needles just shake when try to turn over
3/10/2018
Edward
Edward, ASE Certified Technician

Hello and thanks for your question. My name is ***** ***** I will do all I can to help.

Do you have a volt meter by chance? If so, lets make sure the battery is reading at least 12 volts. Do the headlights look bright? Also, if you don't have a volt meter, can you disconnect the battery negative cable for about 10 minutes, reinstall, close the hood and all the doors, lock and unlock the drivers door a few times with the key and then try it and let me know what happens.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Ok

Any luck there?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
No luck

Alright, are the headlights bright? does it look like the battery is charged up? it won't even crank at all correct?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I just hit the horn without the KEYN and my needles jiggled that’s all

You don't have a volt meter to check battery voltage by chance? Try a jump start if not. The battery could be really weak. I want to rule that out first.

Check the brake lights, see if they are bright. if not, battery is dead.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Ok Hey I just jumped it thank you for all your help it started

sweet, get the battery charged or replaced. should be good to go. Thank you.

If your all set please don't forget to rate the question via one of the star icons at the top of the page. If you need to ask us anything else just let us know. Thank you.

Edward
Edward, ASE Certified Technician
Edward
Edward
Edward, ASE Certified Technician