Ford

Have Ford questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

I have a 1986 ford f150. Its has an aod transmission and…

Customer Question
Hello i have a...

Hello i have a 1986 ford f150

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your F150 yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes its has an aod transmission and when im driving it looses power and then comes back up. I cant tell if it is the engine or the transmission. I was messing with the tv cable and then it seemed to run great then it started messing up again. When you hit the gas it acelerates good but then when your driving at a constatnt speed it does weird stuff loses power then kind of acts like it is shifting and power comes back. I cant tell if its engine or transmission. Maybe sensor, or electronics. Oh its the 5.0 fuel injected

Mechanic's Assistant: Is the power loss consistent, or does it fluctuate?

Its fairly consistent it just kind of disappears then i just wait and it comes back on then goes down again.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

I noticed a clicking noise by the transmission pan when I was under it after I shut it off. But the key was off like something was clicking in and out. I thought it was wierd cause it wasnt running

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Ford
Answered in 3 days by:
3/13/2018
Ford Mechanic: Jeremy, Certified Diesel Technician/Electrician replied 6 months ago
Jeremy
Jeremy, Certified Diesel Technician/Electrician

My name is ***** ***** I will assist you with your question today.

I'm an independent contractor and I don't get paid until a rating has been made.

We can go back and forth as needed to help resolve the issue you are having. Follow-ups are free after ratings, so rate with confidence!

That clicking could be one of the shift solenoids.

Does the issue happen at random, constant, only when the vehicle has been driven and the transmission is hot?

_______________________________________________________________________________

You want a 5-star service and I want to provide a 10 star service. Please consider that I don't know your skill level as well as I can't see, touch, smell, hear the vehicle/machine in question. Please provide as much detail as possible and I will provide as much I can back to you.

Once an answer is provided, you should see a rating screen. Please rate my personal service to you. The ratings are my personal feedback, they are not the site feedback.

Please note: The site does the phone call requests, not I. I do not generate the request. Same as the memberships. The only thing I ask for is a positive 5-star rating, when we are finished, for my personal service to you.

Thank you for allowing me to assist you through Just Answer!

Jeremy