Ford

Have Ford questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

I have an 02 taurus. It will not shift out of park. The

Customer Question
I have an 02...

I have an 02 taurus. It will not shift out of park. The brake lights are not working. The cruise is not working. Replaced the brake light switch. No change. Replaced the brake light fuse...lights came on and then fuse immediately blew.

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the brake fluid? How's the level and when was it last changed?

Ive not done ao

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Taurus yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yrs Brake stop switch and fuse

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Ford
3/10/2018
Ford Mechanic: Kenny Z., Ford Senior Master Tech replied 6 months ago
Kenny Z.
Kenny Z., Ford Senior Master Tech

Hello, my name is***** and thanks for your question.

Most common place for a short on these is the brake light switch wiring up above the brake light switch. I have seen the wires rub from the movement of the brake pedal arm.

If you are satisfied with your answer, please take a moment to rate my service before you go. Experts are not compensated without a positive rating. Providing a rating does not close the question, you can reply or ask additional questions without incurring further charges. Rating my answer positive charges your account the full question value and credits me. Submitting for a refund removes the credit from my account and makes me donate my time and experience for free, which is not my intention. Please only rate positive if you are satisfied and intend on paying for the services you agreed to. Thanks!

Can you show me a diagram of these wires? I have a couple loose wires I can't find a home for

One wire is red/light green stripe, the other is light green/red stripe. See attached.

The loose wires are yellow/white and red/white

Not associated with the brakelights. I would have to go through 30-40 pages of diagrams to try to locate what those wires are for. They might not even be factory.

Did you need any further assistance? The question is showing "waiting for customer response/rating" Let me know and I will respond or have the question closed out.
Thanks,
Kenny