Ford

Have Ford questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

After i changed the transmission oil sometimes on cold start…

After i changed the...

After i changed the transmission oil sometimes on cold start in drive at idle it sometimes loses drive and when i accelerate by about 500 rpm the box engages again and i have no more problem

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you ever replaced the gaskets? Maybe the hoses?

Did the trans gasket and the ring on the filter. was going ok before i changed oil

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Ford?

2003 BA

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?

Nothing yet. i re checked the oil level with ute level and motor off.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Thats all i am chasing at the moment.

3/10/2018
eric remington

hELLO WHY DID YOU CHANGE FLUID IN THE FIRST PLACE?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Because it’s travelled 120000 km pulling close to 2 tonne almost it’s life since 2003
I thought it would be the right thing to do ok.

o​k sorry I hd to ask....sometimes servicing an older transmission can backfire. one never knows. if the filter had been clogged and now the problem fixed you would be feeling great. It has happened to me too. so all you can do is try. if n o improvement noticed after servicing its time to pull the transmission and overhaul. do ck all connections ck for codes nd fuses but if fluid was real nasty then you probably need a transmission

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
My thoughts are the converter is draining off and when I engage drive it seems like there is not enough oil in the converter to get full pressure until I rev the engine to 2500 rpm on and off then is ok.
Is there a check valve visible when looking at the box with cover off and filter exposed.

can you get a pressure gauge? or find a scanner to see what pressure is? is pump putting out? thats what we need to ck next

yes what is pressure

eric remington
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Sorry I work and so I have decided to sell the damn thing so thanks for you thoughts on my problem.

m​ore than likely the trans is bad. thanks for using just answer. especially darker fluid conditions

eric remington
eric remington
eric remington