Ford

Have Ford questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

I have a 2016 ford Edge and I would like to know which wire…

I have a 2016...

I have a 2016 ford Edge and I would like to know which wire for the Sync 3 is the 12v accessory wire.

Mechanic's Assistant: Okay, I'll connect you to the mechanic to go over that information regarding your Ford Edge. Before I do, is there anything else you want him to know?

That would be all, thank you

3/10/2018
Kenny Z.
Kenny Z., Ford Senior Master Tech

Hello, my name is***** and thanks for your question.

I don't remember ever seeing a 12 volt accessory wire on SyncIII, I just reviewed all the wiring diagrams for the APIM,ACM,FDIM and I don't see any wire for that purpose. The only external power source I am aware of is the USB port and the power points.

If you are satisfied with your answer, please take a moment to rate my service before you go. Experts are not compensated without a positive rating. Providing a rating does not close the question, you can reply or ask additional questions without incurring further charges. Rating my answer positive charges your account the full question value and credits me. Submitting for a refund removes the credit from my account and makes me donate my time and experience for free, which is not my intention. Please only rate positive if you are satisfied and intend on paying for the services you agreed to. Thanks!

Thank you for the quick response! I want to install an aftermarket amp and I'm having a hard time finding a place to put the remote turn on wire which needs to be tapped into a 12v wire that's only on when the vehicle is on as to not drain the battery. I looked at my users manual and in the fuse box inside the passenger compartment there's connections for "Radio" which is relay #33 and "Amplifier" relay #28. Do you know if either of these would would for that purpose?

Sony equipped audio system?

Nope, non-sony 9 speaker.

On the Non Sony system I don't see any wake up wire, as there is no DSP module. On the Sony there is a control wire between the ACM and DSP, it is a brown wire (pin 18). You might see if that wire is present on your ACM even though its not Sony equipped.

See attached connector pinout.

Kenny Z.
Kenny Z., Ford Senior Master Tech
I'll take a look. Thanks for the help Kenny!

Your welcome!