Ford

Have Ford questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

We have a Transit 2013 and have just replaced the oil.

Customer Question
Hi there, we have...

Hi there, we have a Transit 2013 and have just replaced the oil. However, we used 6.14Litres, but nothing shows on the dipstick at all? Do we have to use more? It is a manual transmission. Thank you

Mechanic's Assistant: Has the clutch been slipping? Are you having any trouble shifting?

Neither, we bought a motorhome built on a 2013 and it only has done 1300Km, but as it had been standing for a long time, we decided to refresh the oil

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model of your '13 Ford?

It is made in Malaysia, Ford Transit 155HP

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Transit yourself? What have you tried so far?

Nothing was wrong and as such low kilometres, the only thing we wanted to do was an oil change

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Oh, engine light was on when we bought it and got instructions how to reset it and after that we only drive 650 Km so far. We just did not want to drive it with oil that had been in there for 5 years

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Ford
3/10/2018
Ford Mechanic: Scott W., Ford Technician replied 1 month ago
Scott W.
Scott W., Ford Technician

Hello my name is***** will try to help you, can I have your VIN or do you know the engine size?

Ron, ASE Certified Technician