Ford

Have Ford questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

I just put on a cold air intake on my 2004 Ford f-150 and…

I just put on...

I just put on a cold air intake on my 2004 Ford f-150 and now the truck won't stay running.

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the coolant level? Have you checked for a leak in the radiator?

Had no problems until I added the cold air intake

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your F150 yourself? What have you tried so far?

As I said had no issues until I changed the intake.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Now the check engine light is on and it won't run.

Answered in 1 minute by:
3/9/2018
Gunvir Singh

Hello,let me review your request. Please stand by.

Are you able to keep the engine running by accelerating?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Starts fine but then dies.

Is the mass air flow sensor installed properly and connected?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Had to install upside down die to location of screw holes.

Make sure the connector wire is not pulled to tight due to change of location. If good, next step is to check for vacuum leak.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Acts like vacuumed leak
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Check engine light is now on.

Do you have access to a code reader?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
No but will take to oriellys and have them read code.

Also you did not press the throttle plate by hand?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Don't know it idles ok but dies under load.

Is the throttle body connector connected?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
How to check ?

Attached illustration shows the location of throttle body. #1 is the connector.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Also wrench light on dash came on but went off.
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Where to find illustration of throttle body ?
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Didn't touch.
Ok. Then checking the codes will be the first step.

Hello, just checking if any updates?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
The mafs cannot be installed upside down, it won't work properly. Figured it out myself can't use this intake. Thanks for your help.

You're welcome and good luck with your vehicle, And please don’t forget to rate my performance in the upper left corner otherwise i don’t get compensated. Thank you and have a blessed day.

Gunvir Singh
Gunvir Singh
Gunvir Singh
Gunvir Singh