Ford

Have Ford questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

Horn wont work. Cruise is functional. May be the

Horn wont work. Cruise...

Horn wont work. Cruise is functional. May be the connector/switch in the steering whell but I'd like to locate and check the horn relay.

Mechanic's Assistant: How many miles are on the car? How old is the battery?

315,000 and 3 months.

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Ford?

06 f250 super cab KR fx4

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your F250 yourself? What have you tried so far?

Just need the horn relay location.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

How to check/diagnose the issue of horn not functioning. Crusie works.

3/9/2018
Michael
Michael, Ford Senior Master Technician

Hello, my name is Michael. I will be assisting you today. Give me a moment to review your question and get right with you.

Give me a moment to look up the horn relay location. Do you have a multimeter and the ability to use it?

No thanks on the call. I type fairly quick.
Hello? Are you there?

The phone call requests come from an automated system. Feel free to ignore the request.

The horn relay is made into the interior fuse box. It cannot be accessed or replaced separately.

If you haven't already done so, check fuse 37 in the interior fuse box.

We'll do. It ll take a minute.
it was blown.
Is that the horn fuse?

Yes, that is the horn fuse.

Should be a 15 amp fuse.

Thank you
Yup.wonder what blew it?

Replace it, and test the horn. Let me know if it blows again or if the horn is working.

If I can be of any further assistance do not hesitate to ask. If not, please rate my service. If for any reason you feel you cannot rate my service five stars please let me know.

Michael
Michael, Ford Senior Master Technician

The fuse only goes to the horn. You may have a shorted relay coil or a shorted horn. If neither are the case it may just be a failed fuse.

Thanks. Worked ok so far. Got me past another inspection. Good for another 2 yrs. or til the fuse blows again. my horn had stuck on once so my switch in the steering wheel my be going out. or God wants me to chill on the roadrage.LOL