Ford

Have Ford questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

My 2003 t-bird will not lock or unlock with the key remote.

Customer Question
My 2003 t-bird will...

My 2003 t-bird will not lock or unlock with the key remote. I have 2 sets with out any success. what may be the fix?

Mechanic's Assistant: Is this your first time dealing with this issue?

Yes

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the make/model of your car?

2003 ford thunderbird delux

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Thunderbird yourself? What have you tried so far?

Everything

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Yes

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Ford
3/9/2018
Ford Mechanic: Chris (aka- Moose), Technician replied 6 months ago
Chris (aka- Moose), Technician

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka-Moose).

• THE TIME I AM ONLINE, 7 days a week normally online around midday and then late evening until early morning.
  • PHONE CALLS are automatically offered by the website normally after my first reply. I complete calls where I feel it is a benefit.
  • UPLOADED LINKS I SEND, if I upload dropbox links, they will open on a home PC, often they fail on a work PC, on a phone use the box on the top right of your phone screen for direct download.

Have you confirmed the batteries are good in them?

Have you tried to program them to the car?

Hello, Chris here again,

I am checking in to make sure you got everything you expected from my response. If any part of my response is unclear, please let me know. It’s my goal to deliver excellent service, so if I've done that, please don't forget to give me a 5-star rating.You can still reply. I want to make sure you were pleased with what you paid for.

Thanks Chris

Moose, Sorry for not getting back to you. I changed the battery`s on both the remote and tried to program them as per manual without any success. I also have another problem & that is the map lightsby the rear view mirror will not turn off so i removed them as to not drain the battery. Thanks, ***** ***** the help, Jack

When you do the key fob programming do the locks cycle before it is time to press a button on the fob?