Ford

Have Ford questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

It just wont start, I turn it over and the lights come on…

Customer Question
It just wont start...

It just wont start, I turn it over and the lights come on but nothing happens. it doesnt click or anything. Ive replaced a few things already and i cant figure it out. Could it be a relay fuse?

Mechanic's Assistant: How many miles are on the car? Has the car been starting normally?

There is over 150 thousand miles but it has been starting normally except for the last few times when i started it it would make like a winding sounds but it started.

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Ford?

1997 ford expedition

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Expedition yourself? What have you tried so far?

Ive replace the cylanoid ( i know spelling is wrong) and two relays

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Ford
3/9/2018
Ford Mechanic: Mechanic01, ASE Certified Technician replied 4 months ago
Mechanic01
Mechanic01, ASE Certified Technician

Hello my name is ***** ***** welcome to just answers! I will be assisting you with all of your vehicle questions today. Give me one moment while I review your question and come back with a answer. Please be aware I do not know your skill level or abilities so I will be asking a lot of questions and in a lot of cases we will respond to each other quite a lot before we find a solution. As far as phone calls are concerned that is the system prompting you, not me, and they do cost more money, I prefer text but in some cases a phone call is required. If I don’t answer right away or quickly in conversation I am helping another customer or have stepped out for a moment and will respond as soon as I can. Ok lets get started!

Have you checked voltage at both starter wires while someone tries to start?

no

ok do that and let me know what voltages you get