Ford

Have Ford questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

I have a 2012 Focus se and it’s not wanting to shift. I

Customer Question
I have a 2012...

I have a 2012 Focus se and it’s not wanting to shift. I can’t find where to check the transmission fluid at. I just bought it

Mechanic's Assistant: When was the last time your transmission fluid was checked? Changed?

Idk I just bought it from a person. They recently had a new clutch put in

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Focus yourself? What have you tried so far?

I haven’t tried anything yet because I don’t know if it’s the transmission fluid low or what’s going on with it

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

That’s all that’s going on with it

Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: Ford
3/9/2018
Ford Mechanic: Mechanic01, ASE Certified Technician replied 5 months ago
Mechanic01
Mechanic01, ASE Certified Technician

Hello my name is ***** ***** welcome to just answers! I will be assisting you with all of your vehicle questions today. Give me one moment while I review your question and come back with a answer. Please be aware I do not know your skill level or abilities so I will be asking a lot of questions and in a lot of cases we will respond to each other quite a lot before we find a solution. As far as phone calls are concerned that is the system prompting you, not me, and they do cost more money, I prefer text but in some cases a phone call is required. If I don’t answer right away or quickly in conversation I am helping another customer or have stepped out for a moment and will respond as soon as I can. Ok lets get started!

Is this a manual or automatic?

Automatic but you can put it in sport mode and drive it manually

ok here is the procedure

https://www.dropbox.com/s/8g7dl8s96aud41o/fri4.docx?dl=0

Is the transmission fluid low is that why it’s not wanting to shift

it could be a few things, have you checked it yet?