Ford

Have Ford questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

1999 villiger quit running going down the why no spark don't…

Customer Question
1999 villiger quit running...

1999 villiger quit running going down the why no spark don't exactly what fuses to check have a volt meter need to know how to. Check coil dist an crank sensor

Mechanic's Assistant: Does the vehicle stall at low speeds? Does it sputter?

Just quit running going down the why not gotten fire

Mechanic's Assistant: What year is your Volt?

I999 mercury villager

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Volt yourself? What have you tried so far?

New batt helping my neighbor out need to know what fuses to look for an check the dist coil an crank sensor

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

No don't guess so

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Ford
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
3/9/2018
Ford Mechanic: Todd M, ASE Certified Technician replied 6 months ago
Todd M
Todd M, ASE Certified Technician

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I will be assisting you today. Give me a moment, please, to gather and provide you with testing information.

H​ere is the information that you have requested. I am attaching the diagnostic information for no spark along with the pinpoint test(testing 1and 2). I am also attaching the connector views for the distributor along with the electrical information for the circuits, to assist you in diagnosing the issue.

.

Also, if you are able to scan the vehicle for codes, and provide the codes that are retrieved, I would be able to provide you with specific testing information for the code(s) provided. The issue that you are having is more than likely going to be the distributor. The testing information above will help you determine the cause.

T​here is no dedicated fuse for the distributor. The power comes from the control module.

If you require more information on this issue and/or are not satisfied, let me know, please, and I will attempt to assist you further on this. I hope this information points you in the right direction. If you have any further questions or concerns on this issue, feel free to ask. If you are satisfied, and have found this information helpful, a positive rating would be greatly appreciated and necessary in order for experts to receive credit for answers provided. Thank you.

A positive rating does not close the session. We will still be able to communicate, and I will still continue to assist you with this issue as needed

Just as a reminder, if you have found this information helpful, please, do not forget to rate the service. Thanks again.