Ford

Have Ford questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

The engine is pulsing at idle I replaced the maf sensor and…

Customer Question
The engine is pulsing at...
The engine is pulsing at idle I replaced the maf sensor and the intake as it had a leak what is the problem
Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: Ford
Answered in 1 hour by:
3/9/2018
Ford Mechanic: davehop, Ford Technician replied 5 months ago
davehop
davehop, Ford Technician
Hello and welcome to JA.... First of all what is the year and model and engine size of your vehicle?
it's a 2003 ford explorer 4.6l
I am still getting bank1/2 lean sensor 1 that's 2 codes did a smoke test to find the intake leak I guess u can't see the rest of the messages
The codes r 2195/2196 n the idle is pulsing when it reaches temperature until it dies but while on choke mode runs great
R u there
Ford Mechanic: David Craig, Auto Mechanic replied 5 months ago
David Craig
David Craig, Auto Mechanic

you still have a leak

you have unmetered air getting into the intake and causing it to run lean

where would u expect it to be I've done a smoke test and smoke came out of the front of the intake so I changed it since they r known to warp and changed one of the vac lines on a thing on the drivers side of the motor that has 2 vac lines going to it it's connected to the fender well drivers side n has a saucer type thing on it not sure what it is but think it has to do with the evap system all other lines on the motor look good r there any under the car I should look at or any I should pay special attention to
Where would the pc valve b located

with the engine running, remove the oil filler cap. tell me if you feel suction

Ok I'll get back to u in a few charging the battery now
If I do/don't what then

let me know

if so then replace the pcv valve and clean out the tubes

well hows it going?