Ford

Have Ford questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

No power in my switch 4x4. Not power. 02 f250 7.3 xlt.

No power in my...

No power in my switch 4x4

Mechanic's Assistant: Is the power loss consistent, or does it fluctuate?

Not power

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Ford?

02 f250 7.3 xlt

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your F250 yourself? What have you tried so far?

Replace control module reprogrammed

3/9/2018
Chris (aka- Moose), Technician

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka-Moose).

• THE TIME I AM ONLINE, 7 days a week normally online around midday and then late evening until early morning.
  • PHONE CALLS are automatically offered by the website normally after my first reply. I complete calls where I feel it is a benefit.
  • UPLOADED LINKS I SEND, if I upload dropbox links, they will open on a home PC, often they fail on a work PC, on a phone use the box on the top right of your phone screen for direct download.

The only wire at the 4x4 switch that should have power is the light blue/red wire and that s only when the headlights or parking lights are on.

Is this all you wanted to know?

You now will see a rating scale 1=bad to-5=excellent because I have posted a full or partial answer instead of an info request. When you rate I get a portion of the deposit you made, no rating means you still paid, but I earn nothing. My goal is understanding your question, and addressing it in full detail. In return, receiving a 5-star rating. Rating does not close the post or stop the conversation. Please keep in contact and reply as much as needed. Thanks, Chris

Hello, Chris here again,

I am checking in to make sure you got everything you expected from my response. If any part of my response is unclear, please let me know. It’s my goal to deliver excellent service, so if I've done that, please don't forget to give me a 5-star rating.You can still reply. I want to make sure you were pleased with what you paid for.

Thanks Chris

Chris (aka- Moose), Technician
Ok when i star the truck i see the light in the dash 4x4 hi and low but not engaged
Replace transfer case motor and nothing happened

Any luck yet on the diagnostics steps I sent you?

No nothing yet fixing to take the dash off to check the cables

Thanks for the update. Let me know if you get stuck on any of the test steps.