Ford

Have Ford questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

2002 Ford Thunderbird rear turn signal & stop lamp

Customer's question: Rear turn signal and stop lamps inop. Bulbs have been replaced.

Mechanic's answer: Supplied customer with the electrical circuit for rear lighting, Advised to check fuse for the circuit.

Read full interaction below »

I have a 2002 t-bird. the rear turn signal/brake light do not work. the turn signal does. I have changed the bulb 3 times and all the fuses listed in users manual. emergency flashers do not work rear left side. ???

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the brake fluid? How's the level and when was it last changed?

Fluid is full. when I had it service, about a year ago

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model of your '02 Ford?

Just run of the mill standard 2002. thought they were all the same.

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?

Changed all fuses in users manual, 3 bulbs and several swear words

I get burned bulb light on the dash everything on the right side works properly.
3/9/2018
HDGENE
HDGENE, Ford Senior Master/Diesel/Trans

Hello, and thank you for using Just Answer! My name is***** me a few moments to review your question and Ill do my best to assist you.

Hello, so to be clear the left rear stop lamp does not work, but the parking lamp and turn signal does work? No signs of water in the connectors for the bulb sockets? Was it working before and just stopped, or was the vehicle in an accident and not worked since?

the left rear turn signal and the brake light do not work. no accident, no water. they just stopped working. the left front turn signal does work properly.
Neither the turn signal or stop light on the left rear of the car work. I get a burned out light indicator on the dash when the ignition Is turned on. Although I have replaced the bulb, actually with two different new bulbs.

Ok, since there is an issue with the two lamp circuits, it could be an issue with the Rear Electronic Module The REM is a computer module and controls the operation of the rear tail lamps. A diagnostic check for codes of the sjb needs to be done, then verify if you are getting power or losing a ground signal for the lamps. Long as fuse f4.39 is good in the battery fuse box, there should be power to the orange yellow wire. The REM grounds the bulb circuits for it to operate.

having re-read my original question, I have to believe that it got changed. what I wrote was that the left rear turn signal nor the stop light work. the front turn signal does work. not that the rear lights don't work; the let front turn signal does work.
there are codes
there are no codes

You have a scan tool that can communicate with the REM module? most code readers only communicate with the engine computer.

HDGENE
HDGENE, Ford Senior Master/Diesel/Trans
my reader has several functions other than rem. Come with a 2005 cts. I'll check the fuse you cited. Got to be somewhere fixable. Thank you sir, or madam, for your help. point me to the like button and good evening'
Art

You are welcome Art, if you need more help just let me know. Thank you!