Ford

Have Ford questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

2010 Ford Edge and I am getting compass data error and sat…

2010 Ford Edge and...

2010 Ford Edge and I am getting compass data error and sat fault error. Can you guide me as to where the issue may reside?

Mechanic's Assistant: How many miles are on the car? Do you have scan tool or a code reader?

No scan tool. 114,000 miles

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Edge yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes. not tried anything

Answered in 1 hour by:
3/9/2018
HDGENE
HDGENE, Ford Senior Master/Diesel/Trans

Hello, and thank you for using Just Answer! My name is***** me a few moments to review your question and Ill do my best to assist you.

Hello, if there is a satellite fault, there could be a problem with the antenna for the satellite system. This also gives input for the compass.

There is a technical service bulletin for the SAT fault message which would require a dealer to reprogram the module for it as mentioned below:

TSB 11-3-3

03/07/11

AUDIO CONTROL MODULE (ACM) DISPLAYS
SATELLITE FAULT WITH DIAGNOSTIC TROUBLE
CODE (DTC) B1342 IN SATELLITE DIGITAL AUDIO
RECEIVER SYSTEM (SDARS) MODULE

FORD:
2008-2009 Fusion, Mustang, Taurus, Escape
2008-2010 Edge, Explorer Sport Trac,
Explorer, F-250, F-350, F-450, F-550
2008-2011 Expedition, Ranger
2010-2011 E-150, E-250, E-350, E-450

LINCOLN:
2008-2009 MKZ
2008-2010 MKX
2008-2011 Navigator

MERCURY:
2008-2009 Milan, Sable, Mariner
2008-2010 Mountaineer

ISSUE
Some 2008-2011 Expedition, Navigator, Ranger, 2010-2011 E-Series Econoline, 2008-2010 MKX Edge, Explorer, Explorer Sport Trac, Mountaineer, F-Super Duty, 2008-2009 Fusion, Milan, MKZ, Taurus, Escape, Mariner and Mustang vehicles (without navigation) may exhibit no satellite reception with SAT FAULT displayed in the ACM, and a DTC B1342 set in the SDARS module.

ACTION
Reprogram the SDARS module to the latest calibration using IDS release 71.04 and higher. This new calibration is not included in the VCM 2011.1 DVD. Calibration files may also be obtained at the website.

WARRANTY STATUS: Eligible Under Provisions Of New Vehicle Limited Warranty Coverage
IMPORTANT : Warranty coverage limits/policies are not altered by a TSB. Warranty coverage limits are determined by the identified causal part.

If you need more help or information please let me know. If I was helpful, please use the 5 stars above to leave a positive rating.

Do you need more help with this concern?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Which antenna is sat and gps? The rear antenna?

No thats the radio antenna. The satellite antenna is on the rear spoiler. I would have the reprogram done first by a dealer. They are the only ones that can do it, then they can check for codes and see if it needs an antenna as well.

Do you need more help with this concern? Anytime there is a reflash available, thats the first thing you go after.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Does the rear antenna also control gps and relate to the compass data error?
That's part of the system yes.

Hello, ive answered your questions. Do you need more help?

Hello, I have told you to go with the reflash first as outlined with the TSB. What else do you need to know.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
That's it. Thanks for your help.

You are welcome, please be sure to leave a positive rating so I get credit for assisting you.

HDGENE
HDGENE, Ford Senior Master/Diesel/Trans
HDGENE
HDGENE
HDGENE, Ford Senior Master/Diesel/Trans