Ford

Have Ford questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

I can't get the hazard lights for the alarm to turn off on…

Customer Question
I can't get the...

I can't get the hazard lights for the alarm to turn off on the car. I have tried putting the key in the ignition and starting it but that didn't work.

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you tried locking and unlocking the driver's side door using the key itself?

Yes that doesn't work

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Ford?

Montero 2006

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Montero yourself? What have you tried so far?

I have tried locking and unlocking from the driver's side, locking and unlocking with the key from the outside and tried locking and unlocking with the after market alarm key chain.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

The passenger door was unlocked first from the inside (my son was in it) instead of unlocking it from the driver's side first.

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Ford
3/9/2018
Ford Mechanic: Chris (aka- Moose), Technician replied 6 months ago
Chris (aka- Moose), Technician

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka-Moose).

• THE TIME I AM ONLINE, 7 days a week normally online around midday and then late evening until early morning.
  • PHONE CALLS are automatically offered by the website normally after my first reply. I complete calls where I feel it is a benefit.
  • UPLOADED LINKS I SEND, if I upload dropbox links, they will open on a home PC, often they fail on a work PC, on a phone use the box on the top right of your phone screen for direct download.

Can I get the vin#?

Will the car start?

What brand alarm is on the vehicle?

Is the horn also honking and does the horn work?

The horn was also honking bit in trying to possibly get the flashers to stop blinking, I thought about pushing the Hazard lights. I depressed them again and they shut off.

So now, all is good?

unfortunately after wasting an hour of thinking what I could do next.

Glad it is resolved.