Ford

Have Ford questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

2011 f150 lariat. changed front and rear brakes and now it…

2011 f150 lariat....

2011 f150 lariat. changed front and rear brakes and now it has no power steering. code u3000 came up. cleared code and no help . what could have happened to the EPAS

Mechanic's Assistant: Is the power loss consistent, or does it fluctuate?

No power steering at all. Do not see a way to reset steering angle sensor for that year model

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your F150 yourself? What have you tried so far?

I am the repair shop fixing brakes for customer. finished brakes, pumped up pedal and started truck and found no power steering issue

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

That is all I know at this point

3/9/2018
Michael
Michael, Ford Senior Master Technician

Hello, my name is Michael. I will be assisting you today.

With the U3000 there should be a condition code listed after. Something like U3000:41, U3000:46, U3000,49, or U3000:96. Do you know which condition code you received?

Michael
Michael, Ford Senior Master Technician
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
the only code listed was a U3000. We have a snap-on Verus Edge.
Phone call session started

Performing any brake or suspension work would not cause an issue in the power steering system. Unfortunately it's not uncommon to have these power steering racks fail after around 100,000 miles. Whenever you get a U3000 code it means the power steering rack requires replacement. Either the internal module, or the steering angle sensor that's integrated into the power steering rack, has failed.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
checked fuse 52 and none of the fuses in that area have power on either side of the fuse. the 125a fuse is good.

The key needs to be in the run/on position to be powered, if it's not powered then check fuse 31 in the battery junction box under the hood. It's the fuse that feeds that relay that powers fuse 52. Fuse 42 also feeds the coil side of the relay that feeds fuse 52.

Fuse 42 in the battery junction box I mean

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Ok. Thx
Michael
Michael
Michael, Ford Senior Master Technician