Ford

Have Ford questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

Car will not start as you turn the key. 2006 ford focus

Customer Question
Car will not start...

Car will not start as you turn the key

Mechanic's Assistant: Can you turn the steering wheel at all? And what about the key? Is it worn or damaged?

Yes

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Ford?

2006 ford focus 2.0l

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Focus yourself? What have you tried so far?

I have change the starter

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

I have one day lock the key in ignition then i pull up the gear handle up and unlock

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Ford
3/8/2018
Ford Mechanic: Mike V., Auto Service Technician replied 4 months ago
Mike V.
Mike V., Auto Service Technician

My name is ***** ***** give me a moment to review your question Thanks.The site will prompt a call.I will let you know if it's necessary

Do you hear any sounds when you try to start the car?
A clicking under the hood or anything?

Nothing only i see a lock on the panel

Does the lock flash fast or anything when this is going on?

is fast flash

Ok, sorry to say but that's an indication the car's security is locking you out. There's nothing I can do for it from here.

You are going to need a mobile locksmith or the dealer to reprogram the keys for you.

I will open this back up, but to the best of my knowledge there is nothing you can do with it on your own.

Thanks
Ford Mechanic: Daniel, ASE Certified Tech/business owner replied 4 months ago
Daniel, ASE Certified Tech/business owner

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be assisting you today. Please note that all experts are paid based off of ratings alone and I prefer five stars so please let me know what I can do to achieve that from you today.

Based on the information that you've given and what I have read so far, I am recommending that we continue this conversation via phone call assistance so that I can help you more efficiently. Please accept the phone call proposal so that we can continue or we can continue through this message board but it may take longer depending on the difficulty level of your problem.

Once you have accepted the proposal and I will post my phone number, at that point you will text me at least 30 minutes prior to when you are ready to talk. At that point I will call you or set up a time to do so as soon as possible.

Ford Mechanic: Daniel, ASE Certified Tech/business owner replied 3 months ago

Are you there? How would you like to continue?