Ford

Have Ford questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

2011 Ford Explorer limited. Back up camera doesn't work.

Customer Question
2011 Ford Explorer limited. Back...
2011 Ford Explorer limited. Back up camera doesn't work. Back up alert works but no camera. Where to start and troubleshoot?
Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Ford
3/8/2018
Ford Mechanic: Chris (aka- Moose), Technician replied 1 month ago
Chris (aka- Moose), Technician

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka-Moose).

• THE TIME I AM ONLINE, 7 days a week normally online around midday and then late evening until early morning.
  • PHONE CALLS are automatically offered by the website normally after my first reply. I complete calls where I feel it is a benefit.
  • UPLOADED LINKS I SEND, if I upload dropbox links, they will open on a home PC, often they fail on a work PC, on a phone use the box on the top right of your phone screen for direct download.

These are the Ford steps to diagnose. https://www.dropbox.com/s/4u6xao3adhv243b/TESTI.pdf?dl=0

You now will see a rating scale 1=bad to-5=excellent because I have posted a full or partial answer instead of an info request. When you rate I get a portion of the deposit you made, no rating means you still paid, but I earn nothing. My goal is understanding your question, and addressing it in full detail. In return, receiving a 5-star rating. Rating does not close the post or stop the conversation. Please keep in contact and reply as much as needed. Thanks, Chris

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Ok, I'll look at that in a little bit but for mow I have another fix I'm working on that needs to be finished before I can move on to the camera. Same car and I'm working on the driver's seat. It appears that the gear on the left hand side is stripped therefore the right side moves forward and then binds up do I start all over with another thread or can you help me with this one too?

A new question must be opened for anew concern.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
After reading through this it appears I need a code reader with body control functions which I do not. Mine only reads engine codes.

You are correct a generic tool will not work for this diag.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
No other option other than to someone with a code reader

You can do all the tests not requiring a scan tool, you can also try parts but that can get expensive.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Is the FDIM read through a scan tool also?

You are correct.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I have the camera off and it's telling me to check ohms between pin 14 and pin 15.
I don't see a pin diagram to identify which pin is which

Did you see the wire colors in the picture I sent?

Hello, Chris here again,

I am checking in to make sure you got everything you expected from my response. If any part of my response is unclear, please let me know. It’s my goal to deliver excellent service, so if I've done that, please don't forget to give me a 5-star rating.You can still reply. I want to make sure you were pleased with what you paid for.

Thanks Chris

Ford Mechanic: Chris (aka- Moose), Technician replied 27 days ago

Are you still needing help?

Ford Mechanic: Chris (aka- Moose), Technician replied 13 days ago

Hello, Chris here again,

Thanks Chris

Chris (aka- Moose), Technician