Ford

Have Ford questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

Have a 2006 F150 Vin# 1ftrx14w75fb06604. Won't come out of…

Customer Question
Have a 2006 F150 Vin#...
Have a 2006 F150 Vin# *****Won't come out of park - shift interlock not releasing. BRAKE LAMPS DO ACTUATE
@cluster
Turn indicators always illuminated, but turn signals do not work. The flashers work in acc., but not in run or start.Can someone assist in getting this issue resolved?
Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Ford
Answered in 1 hour by:
3/8/2018
Ford Mechanic: Scott W., Ford Technician replied 4 months ago
Scott W.
Scott W., Ford Technician

Hello my name is ***** ***** fuses 16,13,2 and see if any of these are blown inside fuse panel. RH kick panel is where fuse panel is located.

C'mon!!! Fuses are all good. Already checked.I am just not familiar with the setup, as I see it in the (Mitchell)wiring diag.. So, I need your guidance. I can perform any test you need just let me know...

LOL, you should have stated you checked the fuses, do you have power at the brake lamp switch? Do you have power on the tan with red wire?

Here run this test, I'm not sure how much longer I will be online.

I will keep checking in, thanks Scott

My apologies. Stop lamps are functional - except hi-mount(3rd). Running the test now.

Its ok, lol. Use this test for high mounted stoplamp inoperative.

Vehicle passes both test. Had some blown bulbs. What's next?
Ford Mechanic: Chris (aka- Moose), Technician replied 4 months ago
Chris (aka- Moose), Technician

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka-Moose).

• THE TIME I AM ONLINE, 7 days a week normally online around midday and then late evening until early morning.
  • PHONE CALLS are automatically offered by the website normally after my first reply. I complete calls where I feel it is a benefit.
  • UPLOADED LINKS I SEND, if I upload dropbox links, they will open on a home PC, often they fail on a work PC, on a phone use the box on the top right of your phone screen for direct download.

The other tech opted out. Can I try and help?

I thouht I had it figured out. But....What I have is the conditions as mentioned. Then, everything is normal once I plug in my scanner. And, the back to problems when I disconnect.
Physically disconnect. All I have to do is plug it in and no problems.
I'm very confused.

When you plug in your scan tool, do a complete system scan, are any modules storing U codes?

No U codes.I just stopped in for keys.
Today is my BirthDay! So, I wont be in until tomorrow. Sunday morn.

I had a diag plan set to go until you said everything is normal once I plug in my scanner.

Then no U codes. I will have to opt out.

Ford Mechanic: eric remington,
 replied 4 months ago
eric remington

so brake lites now work? what is wrong with vehicle at this point?

KOERWon't come out of park - shift interlock not releasing. BRAKE LAMPS DO ACTUATE!! Always, have. The bulbs were [email protected]
Turn indicators always illuminated, but turn signals do not work. The flashers work in acc., but not in run or start.Also, radio works, but heater doesn'tOnce, any obd2 style scanning device is connected, I don't even have to sync to vehicle everything goes to normal
Just pulled U1950 and B1352
Don't think this is the issue. I think I caused the codes.
Ford Mechanic: eric remington,
 replied 4 months ago

ok you have only one brakelight switch? how many wires are on the switch? I will help you find this problem first step answer these questions and Ill go with you to next step

4
Ford Mechanic: eric remington,
 replied 4 months ago

o​k do this ohm out the two wires that feed interlock solenoid. the two wires that feed the brake lights are obviously receiving power thru the switch we cannot assume that the signal designated for the shift solenoid is working it needs to work to release the shifter out of lock. you could test it as described in the article I am sending you. if you cant then we could do a phone call and I can walk you thru a diagnostic with wiring schematic component locator etc

This is for an 05. This is an 06. 06 and 05 are different and wiring matches the 06
No ground @#1 or #4! Checking between connector and G202. Can you tell me location for S205 and G202
Okay. the problem is a weak ground. The lighter works fine, so I would assume the S203 splice is good, so the problem would have to be a problem with the S205 splice(especially since these are the components effected).When I ground the circuit at the shift lock connector(pin #1 Or#4) problem solved. I would however like to see the S205 splice. If you can tell me where it is.
Okay!!!!! Close the question. I've repaired the problem - MYSELF!
Ford Mechanic: eric remington,
 replied 4 months ago
I put in the vin number the tenth digit is no 6...so it's a 2006
Ford Mechanic: eric remington,
 replied 4 months ago
Don't forget to rate me please that is how I am compensated for my time
Ford Mechanic: eric remington,
 replied 4 months ago
Well that is what online manual gave that is Mitchell on demand owned by snap on. .So only thing I can say is the info is interchangeable for 06 and 05
Ford Mechanic: eric remington,
 replied 4 months ago
I used ur vin to sign in
Ford Mechanic: eric remington,
 replied 4 months ago
Stranger things have happened.
Ford Mechanic: eric remington,
 replied 4 months ago
bad switch or solenoid? Huh?
Ford Mechanic: eric remington,
 replied 4 months ago
Sometimes things like that happen as there ate so many applications
Ford Mechanic: eric remington,
 replied 4 months ago
Then I get people in here who pretend they were t helped cause they don't want pay
No, bad S205 ground splice.You gave info for a 2005 and your diagram says 2005. I too am using SnapOn Zues and Mitchell. The vin comes back to a 2006. The 05 and 06 are definitely different. As it was stated, I know what I'm doing, I just wasn't familiar with the configuration. I had all of the info I used, before submitting my question.To the point. I pay a monthly subscription, for this service. So, I can ask as many questions as I like and it doesn't cost me any extra. So, in short I PAID before I asked the question. That said, I will only rate good on good information. So close the question. Or, I won't rate so good. I DID NOT RECEIVE HELP.
Ford Mechanic: eric remington,
 replied 4 months ago

sounds like a threat...so what was I doing sending you relevant material for nothing?

Ford Mechanic: Enes, Volvo Technician replied 4 months ago
Enes
Enes, Volvo Technician
If all your wiring is good for sure . Then install new bcm that also very common to fail . But wiring must be good !
Ford Mechanic: Enes, Volvo Technician replied 3 months ago

it can bcm bad I seen that a lot or bad grounds clean them or broken wires