Ford

Have Ford questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

Want to disable burglar alarm 2013 F150 XLT. No just had…

Hi want to disable...

Hi want to disable burglar alarm 2013 F150 XLT

Mechanic's Assistant: Okay, I'll connect you to the mechanic to go over that information regarding your Ford F150. Before I do, is there anything else you want him to know?

No just had enough of unwanted alarm noise Thank you

3/8/2018
Pete, Auto Service Technician

Hi, my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases, I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay.
I am here Sundays through Thursdays from around 5 am to 2 pm Mountain time.If you respond and I do not respond back right away I will do so as soon as I can.

Is the alarm going off on its own at random times?

Let me know so we can continue,thanks Pete.

Hi Pete Thanks for the help. Not at random times, It just goes off when I do something wrong. I just wondered if I can disable it. Thanks Bob

Hi Bob

Looking at the setup and diagrams on your model your alarm system is tied into various computers in your vehicle.There is no manual way to actually disable it.The only way possible ( and this is a long shot ) is to see if a dealer can program the alarm out of the vehicles computers so it no longer engages as it is tied into the computers data communications systems.But other then this there is no manual way to disable it, unfortunately.I wish I had better news on this for you but I do hope this helps.In most cases, a dealer is unable to program it out of the computers but it's worth contacting one to see if this is an option on your vehicle.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service, your 5-star rating is appreciated ( should be a link to click on here or above).You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.I work on delivering the best answer and help here but in some cases, it can be difficult to do without seeing the vehicle.

Thanks Pete

Thanks for you help Pete. I think I will just learn from what I'm doing wrong that triggers the alarm. The dealer option would probably cost more that I want to pay at this point. Thanks and I will keep in-touch down the road if more questions arise.
Thanks, Bob

Your welcome Bob.

Let me know if you need anything else and feel free to rate my help here or above ( should be a link to click on ) as this is how I receive credit for my time, this can be done at any time and you can still come back here and reply if needed.Your 5-star rating is appreciated

Thanks Pete

Pete, Auto Service Technician