Ford

Have Ford questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

Are you there? the form that you sent would not allow me to…

Customer Question
Are you there? Mechanic's...

Are you there?

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Ford?

The form that you sent would not allow me to enter the CC #. The security box covered up the box for the CC #.

Mechanic's Assistant: What year is your CC?

Iv had it since 2011

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your CC yourself? What have you tried so far?

I wrote a long email about the electrical issues with my 2004 lincoln town car ultimate

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Do you have the first email?

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Ford
3/8/2018
Ford Mechanic: Chris (aka- Moose), Technician replied 1 month ago
Chris (aka- Moose), Technician

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka-Moose).

• THE TIME I AM ONLINE, 7 days a week normally online around midday and then late evening until early morning.
  • PHONE CALLS are automatically offered by the website normally after my first reply. I complete calls where I feel it is a benefit.
  • UPLOADED LINKS I SEND, if I upload dropbox links, they will open on a home PC, often they fail on a work PC, on a phone use the box on the top right of your phone screen for direct download.

Can you list out the issues you are having here?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Did you receive my information in the first submission? The assistant said that she was sending it on to you.
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Chris, This doesn't seem to be working at all. Yesterday, the form for first request for a payment would not allow me to enter the credit card number. After more than an hour messing around, the assistant sent a different payment form which I filled in and sent. Then it took some time and some ridiculous questions about my credit card before she informed me she would forward the lengthy explanation of my issues with my 2004 Lincoln Town Car Ultimate to you. By then it was very late and my brain was fried. I am in the middle of preparing the financial information for the tax returns for 4 businesses so my time is limited.
This car has 'memory' settings for the mirrors/driver seat/pedals and all the information that I have found deals with non- memory cars so the testing suggested is of no use since every thing runs through one or more computerized boxes and does not have direct connections to the motors involved as well as there being a myriad of sensors.
I need to know that you have received my description of the problem so that you can determine if you are able to help me.
If you do not have my information, it might be better to just refund the $5.00 that I was charged so I don't have get my credit card company to reverse the charge.

Here is all I got before I responded.

Customer

are you there?

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Ford?

Mechanic's Assistant: What year is your CC?

Iv had it since 2011

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your CC yourself? What have you tried so far?

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Do you have the first email?

7 Mar 2018, 11:34 PM

I also got your follow up 3 hours ago about your cars memory systems.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I don't understand why there was a box which asked me to describe the problem and your assistant, Pearl, Said that she would pass it on to you. Do you want me to reenter that information?

Pearl is a computer, not a real person. For me to help I will need more information than given so far. I am a real person, wearing a tank top, sitting in a recliner, watching Alaska mega machines on the science channel.

Ready to read, listen, and help.

Chris

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Feels like this is a scam just like my Linc dealership. I think it is best to just refund my $5.

It is not a scam, we help thousands a day. You just had some issues. Contact the website and they can help you cancel.

You are customer 101,900,104

I am expert 2,499,435 I have been here since Oct 2006

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Chris, I will send you a copy of my original text:The car has had electronic problems ever since the connection to the battery terminal corroded away in December and the battery was dead for several weeks while we were away over the holidays. The connector has been replaced and the battery is fully charged. The car is a 2004 Lincoln Town Car Ultimate with 130,000 miles, VIN 1LNHM83W74Y681752. It is in immaculate condition since we bought it in 2005 in FL and it has mostly been kept in the garage here in AZ. All of the electronic issues started when the battery connector failed. It seems that this has affected the electronics in the computers. I don't know where these are located and am wondering if they can be rebooted or reprogrammed. The 4 related issues: 1. The 2 remotes will not lock/unlock the doors. Both failed at exactly the same time and the batteries are fully charged which would indicate that the failure is in the receiver in the car and not in the key fobs. The exterior keypad works fine. 2. The 2 exterior mirrors can not be adjusted electronically with the mirror switch on the drivers door panel. The switch will move each of the 4 motors in the mirrors in one direction only. The mirrors can be put into the first position manually and the memory set and then be moved manually to the 2nd position and set with the memory buttons. The mirrors will then return to their correct positions when the corresponding memory buttons are pressed, thus the motors can move the mirrors correctly to both positions when the 1st or 2nd button is pressed. I have also checked the continuity in the switch itself and it seems to function properly. This indicates to me that the problem is in the computer. 3. The up/down motor for the rear of the driver seat will only move up and not down when I move the seat switch. All the other 3 motors in the drivers seat work properly. Again the continuity test of the switch itself checks out. It seems the problem is in the computer. I can't find any information as to where these computers are located or how to check that they work properly. 4. The backup sensors only work intermittently and when they do work, the beeping shuts off and the 'park assist disabled' light goes on too early when about 6 feet from an object. They seem to work better when driving in wet weather, so I am wondering if this could be a grounding issue? Can you tell me what is likely wrong and what it would take to repair it most reasonably?
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I will need to get to bed soon so may not see your response til the morning. Thanks. RHM
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Good Morning Chris,
I am sorry this has gotten off so poorly. This is my first attempt to use the JustAnswer website so I am not familiar with how it operates. I immediately realized that Pearl is not human when she wanted to know all about my credit card so that it could be repaired! By the time your computer system was able to accept my credit card information, it had lost my original information. I called the Customer Service number to cancel, but they suggested that I reenter my original information on your thread so you could see my original question and respond to it. Most of the information online does not take into account that the cars with 'memory' are wired differently than regular cars. I look forward to your thoughts on this.
RHM
  1. The 2 remotes will not lock/unlock the doors. Both failed at exactly the same time and the batteries are fully charged which would indicate that the failure is in the receiver in the car and not in the key fobs. The exterior keypad works fine.
  2. The 2 exterior mirrors can not be adjusted electronically with the mirror switch on the drivers door panel. The switch will move each of the 4 motors in the mirrors in one direction only. The mirrors can be put into the first position manually and the memory set and then be moved manually to the 2nd position and set with the memory buttons. The mirrors will then return to their correct positions when the corresponding memory buttons are pressed, thus the motors can move the mirrors correctly to both positions when the 1st or 2nd button is pressed. I have also checked the continuity in the switch itself and it seems to function properly. This indicates to me that the problem is in the computer.
  3. The up/down motor for the rear of the driver seat will only move up and not down when I move the seat switch. All the other 3 motors in the drivers seat work properly. Again the continuity test of the switch itself checks out. It seems the problem is in the computer. I can't find any information as to where these computers are located or how to check that they work properly.
  4. The backup sensors only work intermittently and when they do work, the beeping shuts off and the 'park assist disabled' light goes on too early when about 6 feet from an object. They seem to work better when driving in wet weather, so I am wondering if this could be a grounding issue?

---------------------------------

1. Try programming them, let me know if the locks do not cycle after the key turn sequence. Cycle the key from OFF to RUN 8 times within 10 seconds with the 8th time ending in RUN. The locks will then lock and unlock, confirming that the program mode has been entered. Press any button on the transmitter to be programmed the locks should cycle again. If additional remote transmitters are to be programmed, repeat Step 2 within 7.5 seconds.To exit program mode, turn the key to START or wait 7.5 seconds.
  2. At the mirror, switch do this test for the left mirror, while plugged up and back probing the connector with paper clips to touch the wire terminal end. Up blue/orange power, yellow/black ground Down blue/orange ground, yellow/black power Left red/orange power, yellow/black ground Right red/orange ground, yellow/black power. If you get those results then the DDM drivers door module is bad. If you do not get those results then the switch is bad.
  3. Same kind of test as the mirror switch. At the seat switch connector do these voltage tests, not ohm tests UP red/green and yellow/green one wire power the other ground. Down testing the same wires they will reverse polarity. If you get those results then the switch is fine, do the same test at the motor. If the motors does not get this signal then its the DDM, if it does then its the motor or track
  4. Need a scan tool to diagnose that system. Unplug the sensors, clean them and seal them with Di electric grease.

Let me know these results.

You now will see a rating scale 1=bad to-5=excellent because I have posted a full or partial answer instead of an info request. When you rate I get a portion of the deposit you made, no rating means you still paid, but I earn nothing. My goal is understanding your question, and addressing it in full detail. In return, receiving a 5-star rating. Rating does not close the post or stop the conversation. Please keep in contact and reply as much as needed. Thanks, Chris

Hello, Chris here again,

I am checking in to make sure you got everything you expected from my response. If any part of my response is unclear, please let me know. It’s my goal to deliver excellent service, so if I've done that, please don't forget to give me a 5-star rating.You can still reply. I want to make sure you were pleased with what you paid for.

Thanks Chris

Chris (aka- Moose), Technician