Ford

Have Ford questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

I need detailed step-by-step instructions for how to drop…

I need detailed step-by-step instructions...
I need detailed step-by-step instructions for how to drop the fuel tanks on a 1988 Ford Econoline XLT Club Cab Van.
3/8/2018
Chad Farhat
Chad Farhat, ASE Certified Technician A6 - Electrical / Electronic systems A7 Heating / Air conditioning systems

Hi, I'm Chad. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question and I will be posting your reply ASAP.

Hey how are you ,I will Try to Help you with This Issue

what is the vin #

1FBJS31G0JHB86433

rr no diagrams available on this one for this year

Okay, thanks.
So, if I just wanted to test the wires on the in-tank fuel pumps, would I absolutely have to drop the tanks?
Also, is the procedure the same for both tanks?
Is there a way to drop the tanks without having to replace seals, etc.?

no i usually loosen straps a little to get to connector and drop tank a little not all the way

click on link to view wiring circuit

single or dual tank u have ?

This the circuit for dual tank

if it cranks no start diagnostic

Please Take a Second and Click the Stars at the Top of Your Screen To Rate Me , So I May receive My my Credit , A 5 Stars Rating is Much Appreciated

You are very welcome :)

Please Read Below How to Get Back in touch with Me

Follow Up Questions are Included in The Price of Your Question ,So Feel Free To Ask Me.

Please Keep in Mind that when you Rate Me , it Does Not End our Conversation.

You Can Always Come Back to this Conversation and Ask Me any Follow up Question you May have on this Issue

(You can Copy this Link Page & Paste it in your Browser when Ready and it will Open up our Conversation Again)

or there should be a Tab on your Screen to Add me As Your Favorite Expert

I'm Online Daily from 7 Am Till Late Eastern Time Zone

Thank You?Chad Farhat?ASE Certified Technician

Chad Farhat