Ford

Have Ford questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

97 Ford F250 Bank One and bank 2 too lean. Change all 4 O2…

Customer Question
97 Ford F250 Bank...

97 Ford F250 Bank One and bank 2 too lean

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your F250 yourself? What have you tried so far?

Change all 4 O2 sensors check for vacuum leaks and gasket leaks

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you located all of the vehicle's oxygen sensors? Are the wires leading to and from each intact and in good shape?

All deers to be in good shape and new

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Engine idle goes up and down engine idles hi on a cold start

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Ford
3/7/2018
Ford Mechanic: Mike V., Auto Service Technician replied 3 months ago
Mike V.
Mike V., Auto Service Technician

My name is ***** ***** give me a moment to review your question Thanks.The site will prompt a call.I will let you know if it's necessary

Which engine do you have in this please?

F250 five four

Ok, since you have lean fuel mix codes for both banks on the engine, it usually points to a bad mass air flow sensor, or low fuel pressure. Especially with all you have done so far.

Try unplugging the maf sensor, then start the truck and see if the idle smooths out. If it does, replace the maf sensor. If not, then you will want to check the fuel pressure and if it's good, replace the maf sensor.

99% of the time on both sides like this the problem is the maf sensor.

Just Answer does not compensate me for my time and resources, you do when you rate my answer by using the stars at the top of the page. Payment for your question includes any follow-up questions you may have. Free trials and subscription questions still require ratings. Your question does not close after you rate. You will still be able to contact me by replying to this post.
Thank you so much!