Ford

Have Ford questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

I have no fan control for heat or air----all lights show but…

Customer Question
I have no fan...

I have no fan control for heat or air----all lights show but cant get fan to come on??????????

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the coolant level? Have you checked to make sure the thermostat is working?

All gauges read standard position and where is thermostat????

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Ford?

F250 superduty 2011

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your F250 yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes if possible---look in ford book to see if fuse is blown or if modul is gone but book does not have any explaination about why everything shows lights but there is no FAN?????

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

IF MODULE (UNDER HOOD) WHITCH ONE CONTROLS AIR---HEAT-FAN CONTROL???

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Ford
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
how long will this take IS ANYONE OUT THERE??????
3/7/2018
Ford Mechanic: roy, import/domestic specialest replied 1 month ago
roy
roy, import/domestic specialest

hello, my name is ***** ***** I will be glad to assist you. please allow me a couple of minutes to gather some basic info.

Roy

please be patient. we are all working on several questions. let get some info for you.

is the automatic climate control??

Roy

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
WHAT IS AUTOMATIC CLIMATE CONTROL OR WHERE IS IT

on your heater control, do you set the temp and it changes itself to heat and air or do you enter or change temp manually??

Roy

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
MANUALLY

ok, let me check

ok, you will need to have either a test light or volt meter to do some testing. I attached a diagram of the system for you to view. there are 2 fuses you need to check under the hood fuse box. test for power on both sides with key on.

if you have power then go to the blower motor and see if you have power on i wire to the blower.

Roy

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
SCAMATIC MAKES NO SENCE---WHAT TWO FUSES ON MOTOR MUDUEL BLOCK

the schematic is right on point.

fuse 23 40 amps

fuse 50 10 amp

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
DO I NEED TO PULL THEM TO METER THEM OR WHERE DO I PUT THE LEEDS???
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I DONT HAVE A TESTER ---ALL I HAVE IS 120 AMP TESTER FOR 120

you need to leave them in. put your black lead on your meter to round. use the red lead to one side and you should see battery voltage. then go to the other side and you should see the same voltage

you need the correct testing equipment to do the testing properly.

roy

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
IM LOOKING AT PAGE 319 IN THE FORD BOOK AND FOUND THE TWO MODULES IN QUESTION BUT I DONT HAVE A GOOD TESTER---DO I JUST REPACE BOTH?????

I do not guess on bad parts. I diag once repair once.

I will opt out and see if someone else can help you

Roy

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I GUESS WE ARE DONE????
Ford Mechanic: eric remington,
 replied 1 month ago
eric remington

h​ello we need to start over....we need a meter with an ability to read 12 volts...can we do that?

Ford Mechanic: eric remington,
 replied 1 month ago

Hello do you still require assitance or you want my best educated guess on what most often fails in a like scenario?

Ford Mechanic: eric remington,
 replied 1 month ago
Hello?
eric remington
eric remington
eric remington