Ford

Have Ford questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

I think that I may have somehow switched the power steering…

Customer Question
I think that I...

I think that I may have somehow switched the power steering and transmission cooler lines when changing the radiator

Mechanic's Assistant: When was the fluid last checked? Have you heard any whining noises while turning the wheel?

Yes

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Ford?

2000 Taurus

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Taurus yourself? What have you tried so far?

Replaced radiator

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

I want to know what to do if in fact I have switched the two hoses

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Ford
3/7/2018
Ford Mechanic: Mechanic01, ASE Certified Technician replied 1 month ago
Mechanic01
Mechanic01, ASE Certified Technician

Hello my name is ***** ***** welcome to just answers! I will be assisting you with all of your vehicle questions today. Give me one moment while I review your question and come back with a answer. Please be aware I do not know your skill level or abilities so I will be asking a lot of questions and in a lot of cases we will respond to each other quite a lot before we find a solution. As far as phone calls are concerned that is the system prompting you, not me, and they do cost more money, I prefer text but in some cases a phone call is required. If I don’t answer right away or quickly in conversation I am helping another customer or have stepped out for a moment and will respond as soon as I can. Ok lets get started!

OK here is the power steering system layout it will how you the routing for the hoses check that first to see if you have swapped any lines

https://www.dropbox.com/s/c9al3nkt6glufgj/wed5.docx?dl=0

Ron, ASE Certified Technician