Ford

Have Ford questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

I have a 201 Ford Flex SE and I just tried to jump start it…

Customer Question
I have a 201...

I have a 201 Ford Flex SE and I just tried to jump start it and it will not start. "starting system fault" popped up. we tried using the other key we have and It still will not start

Mechanic's Assistant: Where exactly do you think the noise is coming from? And how long has this been going on?

2014 ford flex

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Flex yourself? What have you tried so far?

It sounds like it wants to start. radio comes on and windows will go down without issue. waiting on a tow truck . it just happened this morning . it was fine yesterday. we have tried using a different key and jumping the car

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

I don't think so

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Ford
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
its a 2014
3/7/2018
Ford Mechanic: Mechanic01, ASE Certified Technician replied 1 month ago
Mechanic01
Mechanic01, ASE Certified Technician

Hello my name is ***** ***** welcome to just answers! I will be assisting you with all of your vehicle questions today. Give me one moment while I review your question and come back with a answer. Please be aware I do not know your skill level or abilities so I will be asking a lot of questions and in a lot of cases we will respond to each other quite a lot before we find a solution. As far as phone calls are concerned that is the system prompting you, not me, and they do cost more money, I prefer text but in some cases a phone call is required. If I don’t answer right away or quickly in conversation I am helping another customer or have stepped out for a moment and will respond as soon as I can. Ok lets get started! Do you have a way of getting a new battery for the vehicle?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I am waiting on the road for a tow truck

ok then

Ron, ASE Certified Technician