Ford

Have Ford questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

Lost power steering, advantrac and traction control lights…

Customer Question
Lost power steering, advantrac...

Lost power steering, advantrac and traction control lights are on.

Mechanic's Assistant: Is the power loss consistent, or does it fluctuate?

Yes it is consistent

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Ford?

2013 ford fusion se

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Fusion yourself? What have you tried so far?

I have tried nothing, just happened

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

That is all. thank you

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Ford
3/7/2018
Ford Mechanic: Mechanic01, ASE Certified Technician replied 1 month ago
Mechanic01
Mechanic01, ASE Certified Technician

Hello my name is ***** ***** welcome to just answers! I will be assisting you with all of your vehicle questions today. Give me one moment while I review your question and come back with a answer. Please be aware I do not know your skill level or abilities so I will be asking a lot of questions and in a lot of cases we will respond to each other quite a lot before we find a solution. As far as phone calls are concerned that is the system prompting you, not me, and they do cost more money, I prefer text but in some cases a phone call is required. If I don’t answer right away or quickly in conversation I am helping another customer or have stepped out for a moment and will respond as soon as I can. Ok lets get started!

Ok this car has the electric power steering on it and to get to the next step of whats wrong we will need to get the codes from the vehicle do you have access to a professional level scanner?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I hooked up my scanner and no codes came up. The "Advantrac" and "Hill Assist" lights came on and lost steering.

what scanner do you have?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
OBD-II WiFi Reader that uses OBD Car Doctor app on my iPhone

that scanner will not be able to read the codes we need to access, we need to get it on a higher level scanner to get the codes

Ron, ASE Certified Technician