Ford

Have Ford questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

Starter does not click, no dash lights, no door chime, but…

Customer Question
starter does not click...

starter does not click, no dash lights, no door chime, but dome lights, head lights, and radio work. I've read some stuff about the harness assembly that goes to the dash shorting out and that it is discontinued, but a pigtail is available. I'm just not sure this is my problem.

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the fuses? The dashboard bulbs?

I have checked the fuses that look o.k., but dash bulbs ?

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Ford?

2007 sport trac

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yeah, I'm trying to do it myself. I've checked the fuses and starter relay

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

I think that's it

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Ford
3/7/2018
Ford Mechanic: Mike S., ASE Certified Technician replied 6 months ago
Mike S.
Mike S., ASE Certified Technician

Hi, I am Mike, welcome. I'm reviewing your question.

Is this an Explorer Sport Trac?

If so, which engine is in it, a 4.0 or 4.6?

Also 4wd or rwd, auto or manual trans?