Ford

Have Ford questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

Power to only half the fuse box under the hood 2011 f250…

Customer Question
Power to only half...

Power to only half the fuse box under the hood 2011 f250 6.7

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the manual yet? Most vehicles have two fuse panels.

Yes no power to inside fuse panel either

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your F250 yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes all I have tried is checkinbg the batteris and fuses

Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: Ford
3/7/2018
Ford Mechanic: Mike S., ASE Certified Technician replied 5 months ago
Mike S.
Mike S., ASE Certified Technician

Hi, I am Mike, welcome. I'm reviewing your question.

Ok, I believe the inside fuse block is fed from a fuse in that underhood fuse block. So , can you tell me which fuses in that underhood fuse block do and do not have voltage? Turn the key to run/engine off, too so most if not all are supposed to be hot.

the half of the fuses under the hood closes to battery on drivers side have power the half closest to firewall does not, when u turn the key on there is absolutely no response from anything no power to anything at all inside the truck

I don't know which side of that battery junction box is facing the firewall or battery, so can you tell me from this diagram Identifying Battery Junction Box Fuses which ones you are referring to?

Check the mega fuses in the high current Battery Junction Box, located right side of engine compartment.

Shown here at D3,

mega fuses good , looking at fuse box diagram the left side has power and you can see where the power cable comes into fues panel

Is fuse #9 hot or not? Fuses 9, 8, 22, 7, 27, 26, 25, 23, etc are fed from the 200a mega fuse. Did you actually use a voltmeter or at least a 12 volt test light when checking them mega fuses?

is fuse #11 hot or not?

The body control module is fed from one of them mega 125a fuses.

Here is that Power Distribution Circuit,

Did that answer your question? If so, kindly leave me a positive rating, so I get credit. After all, you have already made the deposit.
If you don't, the deposit you made will just sit there and I won't get my share of it.
Just because you became a member doesn't mean you don't still have to rate the expert when done so he gets credit for his time.

I was not home when this happened to my truck they had just pulled my camper home they said the unplugged the camper from the truck before they plugged the power up to the camper could it have went to ground thru the gooseneck ball

That don't sound right grounding through a goose neck. Even so, if it did it still would have to blow a main fuse.

Did you actually use a voltmeter or at least a 12 volt test light when checking them mega fuses?

I used a test light

I had to leave for work I will be back home today to continue working on the truck, if the camper was plugged into the truck and the camper was plugged up to 30 amp would it have caused this