Ford

Have Ford questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

The alarm light on dash won't turn off but my expedition…

Customer Question
The alarm light on...

The alarm light on dash won't turn off but my expedition starts up just want to make sure my 14 hour trip in 2 days I'm not going to have issues don't have time to deal with before I leave

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the fuses? The dashboard bulbs?

Nope can you tell me where they are just got this truck no manual

Mechanic's Assistant: What year is your Expedition?

06

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Expedition yourself? What have you tried so far?

I just had a new pcm put in and a bulb put in behind speedometer, I just noticed it tonight hasn't done it before

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

I don't think so

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Ford
3/7/2018
Ford Mechanic: A. Penland, Ford Senior Master Technician, ASE replied 6 months ago
A. Penland
A. Penland, Ford Senior Master Technician, ASE

Can you post a picture of this alarm light you are talking about?

It's the little red light on top the dash

just needed to make sure. Sometimes people have aftermarket alarms and are talking about a different light. The theft light will flash every 3 seconds when the key is off and the doors are closed. It should turn off after the engine is started.