Ford

Have Ford questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

2001 ranger both windows will not work sounds like a

Customer Question
2001 ranger both...

2001 ranger both windows will not work sounds like a chattering relay .. where is this relaylocated?

Mechanic's Assistant: How many miles are on the car? Has the car been starting normally?

95.000srtarts normally

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Ranger yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes cheked fuses they are ok

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Loc ation of the relay

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Ford
3/7/2018
Ford Mechanic: nelson freitas,
 replied 4 months ago
nelson freitas

Hello, and thanks for using JustAnswer, my name is ***** ***** I have been an Automotive Technician for over 15 years.

Before I look up what could be causing your problem, I would just like to confirm if you have a Ford Ranger or a Range Rover?

2001 Ford Ranger
Ford Mechanic: nelson freitas,
 replied 4 months ago

are you having any other electrical problems with the truck?

Ford Mechanic: nelson freitas,
 replied 4 months ago

It is very common to have problems with the internal connections in the inside fuse box. While the problem is occurring, wiggle the relay and flex the fuse box. If the problem can be made to come and go, repair or replace the fuse box.

Ford Mechanic: nelson freitas,
 replied 4 months ago

I have attched 2 PDF's with the wiring diagrams for the power windows.

If you need any further assistance diagnosing the problem, please feel free to ask.

Also, can you please rate my services today, Your honest feedback is appreciated.
If you dont feel like I deserve a 5 star rating please let me know if there is anything else I can do before rating
Nelson