Ford

Have Ford questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

Key will not work only remote to start. All good there. Does…

Customer Question
Key will not work...

Key will not work only remote to start

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the battery, particularly the terminal connections? Are they corroded?

All good there

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Ford?

Does not see key unless I remote start 2008 ford escape

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Escape yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Why the key is recognized after remote start but not before

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Ford
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
3/7/2018
Ford Mechanic: A. Penland, Ford Senior Master Technician, ASE replied 4 months ago
A. Penland
A. Penland, Ford Senior Master Technician, ASE

Does the red theft light flash rapidly when you try to start the engine with the key, or does everything turn on when the key is turned to on, but the engine will not crank over by the starter?

the light flashes rapidly and will not turn over

How many keys do you have for the Escape?

2

Does this happen with both keys?

I will need you to get the PCM(Engine Computer), IPC (Instrument Cluster) and BCM (Body Control Module) for trouble codes. Without the codes, it is hard to state whether the remote start is causing the problem or there is a problem with the PATS security key system.