Ford

Have Ford questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

I put my truck in park and now the shifter will not release…

Customer Question
I put my truck...

I put my truck in park and now the shifter will not release to go into gear . I do have break lights

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the brake fluid? How's the level and when was it last changed?

I have not checked and I got the truck six months ago and have not done any break work .I will go out and check the level

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Ford?

2006 F150 lariot 5.4*****

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your F150 yourself? What have you tried so far?

I have break lights thinking it was the switch on the break pedel

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Not really just that I am handy and have some tools but am not a mechanic . Stuck at my office

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Ford
3/6/2018
Ford Mechanic: Chris (aka- Moose), Technician replied 6 months ago
Chris (aka- Moose), Technician

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka-Moose).

• THE TIME I AM ONLINE, 7 days a week normally online around midday and then late evening until early morning.
  • PHONE CALLS are automatically offered by the website normally after my first reply. I complete calls where I feel it is a benefit.
  • UPLOADED LINKS I SEND, if I upload dropbox links, they will open on a home PC, often they fail on a work PC, on a phone use the box on the top right of your phone screen for direct download.

Do you have a steering column or center console shifter?

Are YouTube it and fixed it already thank are YouTube and fixed it already thank you

Good job.