Ford

Have Ford questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

It says no key detected and i have the key with me in the…

Customer Question
Hi. it says...

Hi. it says no key detected and i have the key with me in the car

Mechanic's Assistant: Is the key stripped or worn?

No its a push button start

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Ford?

2013 ford escape

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Escape yourself? What have you tried so far?

No. i just got it to start it and it says no key detected

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Got in to start no

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Ford
3/6/2018
Ford Mechanic: Danny, ASE Certified Technician replied 4 months ago
Danny
Danny, ASE Certified Technician
For most Vehicles the key fob battery has nothing to do with the immobilizer side of the system, but I would still replace a key fob battery just ruled out it's a Panasonic CR2032 battery, you private the key fob and replace the battery...If that doesn't fix it you're going to have to call a locksmith out to have him try to adapt the key to the vehicle again for whatever reason it lost the adaptation, or the key is faulty.To diagnose the system requires a professional quality scan tool and specific uncommon knowledge, it's above the level of even most professional technicians.If I've answered your question to your satisfaction please remember to hit accept as that's the only way I am compensated for my time on this site. If you have any further questions or comments don't hesitate to contact me. You will be able to respond to this question even after hitting accept.