Ford

Have Ford questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

I have a 1997 ford f-250 light duty 4x4. it has a 5.4 and…

Customer Question
I have a 1997...

I have a 1997 ford f-250 light duty 4x4. it has a 5.4 and i'm trying to get the oil cooler off. The book says that the 4x4 has only one bolt, but looking at it, it has one hex head and one allen head bolt. Do i have to remove both and are they normal right hand thread?

Mechanic's Assistant: Just to clarify, what are the exact lights you're talking about?

Light duty meaning it's a lariat with 7 lugs not 8

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your F250 yourself? What have you tried so far?

I am and i'm trying to get the bolts out. But the hex head won't budge

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Just the help on the bolts

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Ford
3/6/2018
Ford Mechanic: Mechanic01, ASE Certified Technician replied 4 months ago
Mechanic01
Mechanic01, ASE Certified Technician

Hello my name is ***** ***** welcome to just answers! I will be assisting you with all of your vehicle questions today. Give me one moment while I review your question and come back with a answer. Please be aware I do not know your skill level or abilities so I will be asking a lot of questions and in a lot of cases we will respond to each other quite a lot before we find a solution. As far as phone calls are concerned that is the system prompting you, not me, and they do cost more money, I prefer text but in some cases a phone call is required. If I don’t answer right away or quickly in conversation I am helping another customer or have stepped out for a moment and will respond as soon as I can. Ok lets get started!

Yes everything is normal thread and here is the removal procedure for that

https://www.dropbox.com/s/mhpc3j10vdp7smq/tue2.docx?dl=0

Please let me know if you have any more questions.
Customer satisfaction is my number one goal. I would like to receive nothing less than a 5 star rating. If you feel we aren’t there yet please let me know or respond more so we can get the answer you feel is correct. You can do this rating at the box on the upper right hand corner. This will not close our chat session and at no extra charge we will still be able to talk about any other issues you may have for free! Providing a rating is the only way I will receive credit for my work with you. Negative ratings do not result in a refund so If you’re not satisfied with the work we have done so far please respond more and let’s get your question figured out. Thanks Shawn!

did you get that procedure ok?