Ford

Have Ford questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

Good am, I have a 2004 6.0 diesel with about 200,000 milae.

Customer Question
Good am, I have...

Good am, I have a 2004 6.0 diesel with about 200,000 milae

Mechanic's Assistant: How old is the engine? And when was it last serviced?

It starts right up, when I drive it for about 20 miles it stalls and starts back but then it stall after about every 4/5 miles.

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model of your '04 Ford?

F250 superduty recentle had thye ficm and the high pressure oil pump replaced.. the mechanic said I need injectors,, don't make since to me.

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your F250 yourself? What have you tried so far?

Beacause I don't have money,, I have been reasearching but have only tried additives to the fuel

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

No engine codes and no smoking

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Ford
3/6/2018
Ford Mechanic: Chris (aka- Moose), Technician replied 4 months ago
Chris (aka- Moose), Technician

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka-Moose).

• THE TIME I AM ONLINE, 7 days a week normally online around midday and then late evening until early morning.
  • PHONE CALLS are automatically offered by the website normally after my first reply. I complete calls where I feel it is a benefit.
  • UPLOADED LINKS I SEND, if I upload dropbox links, they will open on a home PC, often they fail on a work PC, on a phone use the box on the top right of your phone screen for direct download.

When it stalls does it run rough just prior?

Starts running rough, then starts to not respond with the gas pedal and eventually shutt off.

When it begins to run rough, can you monitor the fuel pressure to see if it's dropping?

Hello, Chris here again,

I am checking in to make sure you got everything you expected from my response. If any part of my response is unclear, please let me know. It’s my goal to deliver excellent service, so if I've done that, please don't forget to give me a 5-star rating.You can still reply. I want to make sure you were pleased with what you paid for.

Thanks Chris