Chris (aka- Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years experience
2499435

The alarm keeps going off? No will that keep the alarm from

The alarm keeps going off?
JA: Have you tried locking and unlocking the driver's side door using the key itself?
Customer: No will that keep the alarm from going off?
JA: What is the model/year of your Ford?
Customer: 2004 escape
JA: Are you fixing your Escape yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I have taken it to a mechanic a couple of times but they can't find what is making this happen
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: No

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka-Moose).

• THE TIME I AM ONLINE, 7 days a week normally online around midday and then late evening until early morning.
  • PHONE CALLS are automatically offered by the website normally after my first reply. I complete calls where I feel it is a benefit.
  • UPLOADED LINKS I SEND, if I upload dropbox links, they will open on a home PC, often they fail on a work PC, on a phone use the box on the top right of your phone screen for direct download.

Does this only occur with the car off and locked?

While driving do you ever get the courtesy lamps coming on for no reason or a false door ajar warning?

Is this the OEM alarm or an aftermarket one?

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
It is the alarm that was originally in the car. No aftermarket alarm installed. It only happens when the car is parked. At all times during the day and night.

Does it occur with the car not locked?

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
The door ajar light has come on a few times recently. I just made sure all the doors were closed. I have also had the check engine light come one a few times. My mechanic checked and could not find any reason for that to happen. In both cases it eventually went off.
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
It only seems to happen when the car is parked. I am going to take it to the dealership today it was going at least
once an hour last night so I moved it away from my complex. But that is not a permanent solution
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
the doors are always locked when I am not in it.

The alarm is going off due to the system seeing power use or something ajar while locked. A faulty door ajar or hood ajar sensor is the normal cause for this concern. Since you said you have had a door ajar issue then more than likely that is the culprit here. A scan tool can monitor all these sensors and tell you which is failing.

You now will see a rating scale 1=bad to-5=excellent because I have posted a full or partial answer instead of an info request. When you rate I get a portion of the deposit you made, no rating means you still paid, but I earn nothing. My goal is understanding your question, and addressing it in full detail. In return, receiving a 5-star rating. Rating does not close the post or stop the conversation. Please keep in contact and reply as much as needed. Thanks, Chris

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Thank you so much for your reply. I have taken the car to my local dealership and they are working to solve the problem.

You are welcome