Ford

Have Ford questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

My advance trac light comes on and the check brake light…

My advance trac light...

My advance trac light comes on and the check brake light comes on . I check my brake pad there pretty much new I change a couple weeks ago

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the brake fluid? How's the level and when was it last changed?

Its good

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Ford?

2014 F150

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your F150 yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes I bleed the brake think that might be it , I had a little air in the back brakes but not much

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

No that's it

3/5/2018
EricFromCT
EricFromCT, Ford Technician

Hi. Welcome to chat! My name is ***** ***** I am currently a factory dealer auto mechanic. I will attempt to assist you with your concern today.

What is going on with your truck?

Customer Satisfaction is my #1 goal!

1. I am a FACTORY DEALER auto mechanic and also answer questions here on Just Answer.

2. When you are pleased or happy with my assistance or efforts to help you, at the top of the screen please rate me by clicking on the stars.

3. Rating does not close the post and you're more than welcome to ask follow up questions.

Thank you for using Just Answer and allowing my to assist you!

My advance trac light comes on also check brake light come on , I change my brakes about a week ago , I bleed my brake last night. I had a little air in the back brakes , but not much but light are still on

For that message to come up there is usually an issue with the abs, like a speed sensor. Or a problem with the steering angle sensor. If you recently did the brakes I would check the speed sensor wires on each wheel and make sure it did not rub through the rim.

Customer Satisfaction is my #1 goal!

where is the speed sensor at on the rim
I didn’t get that answer

The speeds sensor is attached to the brake hose. It is possible, and sometimes happens that it comes unclipped and sticks out and can touch the rim. Just inspect the inside of the wheels for signs that a sensor may have come unclipped and is touching the rim.

If nothing is obvious visually then the abs module is going to need to be scanned for codes.

Customer Satisfaction is my #1 goal!

Ok so I need to take in and have it put on a scanned the code yes

If you can not find anything visually wrong with the speeds sensor wiring. So many things can cause those warning messages you can just speculate as to what it could be. Usually an auto part store will scan the codes for free. But the engine computer AND abs computer need to be scanned.

Customer Satisfaction is my #1 goal!

Did you find anything wrong with your sensors? Have you, or do you need to have the codes checked?

Customer Satisfaction is my #1 goal!

A wheel bearing had little slop in it so I change out so far so go thank you

Ok. Your welcome. Please take a quick second to rate my assistance with the stars above. And please note that even after the rating you can bookmark this page and come back for future follow up questions. Thanks.

Customer Satisfaction is my #1 goal!

EricFromCT
EricFromCT, Ford Technician