Ford

Have Ford questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

I HAVE A F350 2011 7.3 AND I KEEP LOSING POWER TO THE RIGHT…

I HAVE A F350 2011...
I HAVE A F350 2011 7.3 AND I KEEP LOSING POWER TO THE RIGHT BANK PUT NEW VALVE COVER GASKETS AND PLUG ENDS -EGI MODUEL IN FENDER PUT NEW PLUG ON RIGHT BANK SEEM TO HELP -100 MILES LATER SAME THING BUT MY ABS LIGHT IS ON DUE TO RIGHT WHEEL SEEMS WHEN THE TRUCK ACTS UP LIGHT GOES OF -SHUT IGN. OF AND START UP AGAIN TRUCK WORKS FINE TILL NEXT TIME .ANY IDEA OF THE PROBLEM
sorry its a2001 7.3
3/3/2018
Scott W.
Scott W., Ford Technician

H​ello my name is***** have seen a lot of wiring concern for the engine harness where the loom drapes over the left hand valve cover, I would unbolt the connector and flip it over and see if the wires are chafed.

O​r start the truck and just do a wiggle test of the engine loom while running and see if the fault can be recreated.

Let me know what happens, thanks Scott

well tried all of that do you think it could come from the pcm
sorry but i understood it was 5.00 for first trial

Have the injectors been ohm tested? You may have a bad IDM injector driver module also.

That is a computer generated response, not from me, you won't be charged for a phone call.

You won't be charged for a phone call, I don't do phone calls, if you want a phone call, I will opt out and another expert will be with you, is that what you want?

well i think i was just charged 35.00 it said trasaction complete .no can you help me . it has new injectors last year checked all the wires and plug ins
what else could cause this problem
Chris (aka- Moose), Technician

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka-Moose).

• THE TIME I AM ONLINE, 7 days a week normally online around midday and then late evening until early morning.
  • PHONE CALLS are automatically offered by the website normally after my first reply. I complete calls where I feel it is a benefit.
  • UPLOADED LINKS I SEND, if I upload dropbox links, they will open on a home PC, often they fail on a work PC, on a phone use the box on the top right of your phone screen for direct download.

The prior tech opted out. When you lose power do all 4 cylinders stop firing completely?

when I turn the engine of and restart it fires back to all cylinder s

Since turning it off and restarting fixes it. That pretty much rules out a mechanical issue to blame here. I am thinking the IDM injector driver module is your issue in this case. I believe it is not proving the injector pulse needed.

You now will see a rating scale 1=bad to-5=excellent because I have posted a full or partial answer instead of an info request. When you rate I get a portion of the deposit you made, no rating means you still paid, but I earn nothing. My goal is understanding your question, and addressing it in full detail. In return, receiving a 5-star rating. Rating does not close the post or stop the conversation. Please keep in contact and reply as much as needed. Thanks, Chris

I changed the DIM put in a band new one last week
Have you got any other suggestions could use a fictional tip
Ray M.
Ray M., Ford Master Tech

Perhaps I can help you, it sounds like the under valve cover harness is coming apart, this causes the injectors to lose connection and once the engine starts the connector moves enough to make contact again. There is a clip that ford has developed to install to keep this from happening. here is link to the clips.https://puredieselpower.com/ford/99-03-ford-7.3l-powerstroke-updated-uvc-under-valve-cover-harness-clips.html

Local shop changed valve covers gaskets is it possible that they did not clip it property

It is possible, do you or someone you know have scan tool that can run an injector buzz test before starting the engine or when it is running on only 4 cylinders? that will verify the connection to the injectors.

Ray M.
Ray M., Ford Master Tech
Ray M.
Ray M.
Ray M., Ford Master Tech