Ford

Have Ford questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

All lights work except right front running & side marker…

All lights work except...

All lights work except right front running & side marker bulbs. New bulbs didn’t work either

Mechanic's Assistant: Just to clarify, what are the exact lights you're talking about?

2000 F250 Lariat right front parking & side marker bulbs do not work. Turn signal works

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your F250 yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes replaced bulbs same problem

3/1/2018
Mechanic01
Mechanic01, ASE Certified Technician

Hello my name is ***** ***** welcome to just answers! I will be assisting you with all of your vehicle questions today. Give me one moment while I review your question and come back with a answer. Please be aware I do not know your skill level or abilities so I will be asking a lot of questions and in a lot of cases we will respond to each other quite a lot before we find a solution. As far as phone calls are concerned that is the system prompting you, not me, and they do cost more money, I prefer text but in some cases a phone call is required. If I don’t answer right away or quickly in conversation I am helping another customer or have stepped out for a moment and will respond as soon as I can. Ok lets get started!

Thats prob your main light switch, next we will need to pull it and check power with light on at pin 14 brown wire, if power is present you have a break in the wire or ground issue in the circuit if there is no power you need a new light switch

Please let me know if you have any more questions.
Customer satisfaction is my number one goal. I would like to receive nothing less than a 5 star rating. If you feel we aren’t there yet please let me know or respond more so we can get the answer you feel is correct. You can do this rating at the box on the upper right hand corner. This will not close our chat session and at no extra charge we will still be able to talk about any other issues you may have for free! Providing a rating is the only way I will receive credit for my work with you. Negative ratings do not result in a refund so If you’re not satisfied with the work we have done so far please respond more and let’s get your question figured out. Thanks Shawn!

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
That sounds like the place to start, but I will be unable to check it out today. Can we continue the conversation after I try those recommendations?

we sure can, no worries on time, this question lasts as as long as we need to get the situation fixed and could last over a number of days, it dosent cost any extra per question or time limit, just the one fee and thats it.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Haven’t been able to check out the light switch.
What is the safest method to remove the switch w/o damaging the housing or dash

that basically slides in there and is just held in by pressure clips, so you want to use non marring plastic pry tools to pop it out, because of the age you may have to pull the knee bolster and reach up in there and assist in pushing it out from behind the dash

Mechanic01
Mechanic01, ASE Certified Technician
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
If I rate your service, does that end the conversation I paid for? I have not been able to remove the light switch yet for various reasons, but did buy the tools for that step.

no we can talk for as long as we need even after the rating at no extra charges.

Mechanic01
Mechanic01
Mechanic01, ASE Certified Technician