Ford

Have Ford questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

Poo22 code. P0022 and no i didnt try to reset. 2011

P0022 and no i...

P0022 and no i didnt try to reset

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Ford?

2011 expedition

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Expedition yourself? What have you tried so far?

Myself and i havent tried so far

2/27/2018
Ironmike
Ironmike, Ford Technician

greetings,

how many miles? does the engine make any noises? how does the vehicle run? have the oil changes been done regularly?

This code is for the VCT(valve cam timing) system.

89000 miles yes making a noise rough idle sometimes tries to die oil change just recently

​very possible the VCT solenoid or cam phaser has failed.

big job? and where would i find it

d​rivers side bank 2 is the issue. With an advanced scanner a tech could look at desired advance and actual to confirm the issue. The tech could also command the VCT solenoid to verify it works. Solenoid is not a big job(1.5 hrs). Even the phaser is not a big job(3.5 hrs).

is there permanent damage other than sol

I would suggest doing an oil system flush first. I have seen the phasers act up because of oil sludge in the solenoid housing. Solenoid is the valve cover front of the engine.

Oil sludge is very bad for this VCT system. A good oil flush and later adding some marvel mystery oil can clean out the system. I have seen this on an expediton with the 5.4L .

ok thank you very much

you are welcome

You might have to change the solenoid or the phaser but I would at least try to flush out the engine.

ok

You can try to flush with a auto parts product or many shops can provide this service with a machine.

auto parts product??
atf wont work lol

you could try. I have used that.

i dont think there is much of any thing higher in detergent is there

it will work, used it to quite lifts in the old days.

marvel oil is magic also

yep

thank you again I am going to add about a pint of atff drive it for a couple of day and change the oil
Hope that take care of it

I would add at least 2 quarts

and add marvel mystery with the new oil. you can add to oil and fuel tank

Ok will do

good luck

Ironmike
Ironmike, Ford Technician