Ford

Have Ford questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

The engine want turn over and the lights go out when I try…

The engine want turn...

The engine want turn over and the lights go out when I try to start it

Mechanic's Assistant: Does the engine spark at all? Is there a trouble code or is your "check engine light" on?

The engine does not spark at all

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Ford?

2000

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?

Just tried to jump it off and it wouldn't turn over

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

The battery is new and the lights are not dim

2/23/2018
Mechanic01
Mechanic01, ASE Certified Technician

Hello my name is ***** ***** welcome to just answers! I will be assisting you with all of your vehicle questions today. Give me one moment while I review your question and come back with a answer. Please be aware I do not know your skill level or abilities so I will be asking a lot of questions and in a lot of cases we will respond to each other quite a lot before we find a solution. As far as phone calls are concerned that is the system prompting you, not me, and they do cost more money, I prefer text but in some cases a phone call is required. If I don’t answer right away or quickly in conversation I am helping another customer or have stepped out for a moment and will respond as soon as I can. Ok lets get started! Ok with someone starting check voltage at both starter wires on the starter and let me know what you get

It is dark where I am I was just wanting to know if it was the starter

if I were to say it was or wasent a starter I would be lying, we need to do diagnostics to figure this out and not be replacing parts on a guess

Ok thanks

sure thing, let me know if your able to work on it tomorrow, this question lasts as long as you need to get the car repaired at the one fee, nothing extra

Mechanic01
Mechanic01, ASE Certified Technician

Please let me know if you have any more questions.
Customer satisfaction is my number one goal. I would like to receive nothing less than a 5 star rating. If you feel we aren’t there yet please let me know or respond more so we can get the answer you feel is correct. You can do this rating at the box on the upper right hand corner. This will not close our chat session and at no extra charge we will still be able to talk about any other issues you may have for free! Providing a rating is the only way I will receive credit for my work with you. Negative ratings do not result in a refund so If you’re not satisfied with the work we have done so far please respond more and let’s get your question figured out. Thanks Shawn!