Ford

Have Ford questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

I have a 2014 mustang gt. I just it back from the shop and…

I have a 2014...

I have a 2014 mustang gt. I just it back from the shop and now my door ajar light is staying on . The door is shut .

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the fuses? Have you checked the door switches?

We have took the door panel off and checked . Everything seems to be right . Where are the fuses for this issue ?

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Mustang GT yourself? What have you tried so far?

Took the door panel off and everything seems to be plugged in right

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Not that I can think of

Answered in 1 minute by:
2/19/2018
Michael
Michael, Ford Senior Master Technician

Hello, my name is Michael. I will be assisting you today. Give me a moment to research this and get right with you.

Does the cluster tell you which door is ajar?

Whichever door it says is ajar, unplug the electrical connector to the latch and see if the warning goes away.

Forgot to check if you unplugged it if it went off . Can you tell me is there fuses for this or is it all in the door ?

It's all in the door, there is a switch that sends a ground to a computer module when door is closed. I misread the diagram. Which door is saying the door is ajar when it's not?

The passenger side

When you unplug the passenger's door latch you will need to jump pin 6 to pin 5. This will ground the door ajar circuit. If the lamp goes out the switch in the latch is stuck. You can attempt to free it up by spraying WD-40 into the latch where it attaches to the striker and opening and closing the door ten times. If it doesn't free the switch up, then you need a new latch in that door.

If jumping the connector pins does not cause the door ajar warning to go away then you have an open circuit between the latch and the body control module.

Ok . I do not know if this will make a difference bu it didn't start doing this until I picked it up from the body shop from getting hail damage fixed .

It's possible they could've left something disconnected or damaged a wire. There's no way to tell yet. If you jump pin 5 to pin 6 and the warning stays we can look for possible connectors they may have left disconnected.

It is dark and raining here right now . So we can't take the door panel off right now . Can you tell me which connectors that could possibly be undone so we can look tomorrow ? Thanks

Absolutely, give me a moment.

Is the passenger's window going up and down when commanded?

Seems to work fine . But my puddle lights and interior lights stay on .

With the window moving there are no connectors that can have been left loose, except maybe if the latch itself isn't plugged in completely. The one connector between the latch and the body control module also has the window motor circuits running through it. If the latch is okay, then I suspect a broken wire, probably in the passenger's door jamb where the harness flexes.

If I can be of any further assistance do not hesitate to ask. If not, please rate my service. If you feel for any reason you cannot rate my service five stars please let me know.

Could the latch itself be bad ?

Yes, the switch for the door ajar circuit is integrated into the latch. If you jump the connector pins as I described and the door ajar warning goes away then the latch is the problem.

Ok . Thank you

You're welcome. If you have any further questions when you get a chance to look at it, just reply here and I'll be notified. I'll get back to you as soon as possible.

Michael
Michael, Ford Senior Master Technician